This sauce is great on Salmon steaks or patties! We’ve also enjoyed it on Asparagus as it can be used as an easy substitute for Hollandaise!
* 4 tablespoons organic, all-natural butter
* 1 ½ tablespoon Mochiko
* ¾ cup half-and-half or milk
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice or approximately the juice of ½ a lemon
* 1 teaspoon real salt
* ¼ teaspoon chili powder
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Sprinkle Mochiko over melted butter and stir.
2. Slowly add half-and-half to make a smooth sauce.
3. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and chili powder. Blend well. Heat through, stirring often. Serve.
4. If sauce becomes too thick thin it out with a bit more half-and-half or even a dash of water.
5. If you want a taste more like Hollandaise, omit the chili powder and use a few dashes of Worcestershire in its place. Note that the sauce will no longer be vegetarian if using Worcestershire.