This is a wonderfully rich and delicious soup that is another favorite in our house! Of course this is great with a nice, grainy bread on the side, or you can do what I do and turn into a hearty meal by serving over cubes of Baked Tofu!
* 1 sweet onion, chopped
* ½ stick of organic, all-natural butter
* 3 stalks of celery, chopped
* 3 carrots, chopped
* 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ginger, pulp or minced
* ¾ cup brown rice
* ¾ cup of crunchy peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons white miso paste
* 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
* 1 tablespoon Braggs
* ½ Tablespoon Mochiko flour
* ¼ teaspoon chili powder
* 4 cups water
* 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
* 3 green onions, thinly sliced
* Cilantro (optional)
* Crushed raw peanuts (optional)
1. Add onion and butter to a large pot or deep sauce pan. Sautee until the onion just starts to hint at translucency.
2. Add celery, carrots, garlic, and ginger, and stir around for a minute or two.
3. Add the rice. Stir around for another couple of minutes.
4. Add peanut butter, miso paste, and everything else up to the water. Stir to incorporate..
5. Mix in the water. I start out by adding a bit at a time to get everything nice and blended. Simmer for 45 minutes on low-medium heat.
6. Add coconut milk. Heat through.
7. Serve garnished with thinly sliced green onions, sprigs of cilantro, and crushed raw peanuts.